Help your help take care of their children by educating them about financial resources available for their children’s basic needs. These schemes will also encourage your help to create a protective environment for their children. Help them avail of these benefits or contact Haqdarshak to help do it for you!
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a savings account scheme for the girl child with a higher rate of interest and exemption from Income Tax on investment. The scheme is meant only for girl children and only up to 2 girl children of the same parents, except if they are triplets. The bank/post account can be opened in the name of a parent or guardian of the child till the child is 10 years old, following which, the account can be opened in the child's name.
- Account can be opened in the name of a girl child till she attains the age of 10 years.
- Only one account can be opened in the name of a girl child.
- Account can be opened in post office and branches of authorised banks.
- Birth certificate of the girl child in whose name the account is opened must be submitted.
- Account can be opened with a minimum of ₹250/- and thereafter any amount in multiple of ₹100/- can be deposited. A minimum of ₹250/- must be deposited in a Financial year.
- Maximum ₹1,50,000/- can be deposited in a financial year.
- Interest rate may be notified by the government from time to time will be calculated on yearly compounded basis and credited to the account.
- One withdrawal shall be allowed on attaining the age of 18 years to meet education expenses upto 50% of the balance at the credit of preceding financial year.
- The account can be transferred anywhere in India from one post office/bank to another.
- The account shall mature on completion of 21 years from the date of opening of account or on the marriage of Account holder whichever is earlier.
National Creche Scheme
The National Creche Scheme was launched to provide day-care facilities to put working mothers in the unorganized sector at ease. The scheme aims to make a significant impact on the Early Childhood Care Services for young children in the country. It is open to children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years.
- The scheme focuses on children between 6 months and 6 years
- Working women in rural and urban areas who are employed for a minimum period of 15 days in a month, or six months in a year
Scheme for Adolescent Girls
The Adolescent Girls (AG) Scheme primarily aims at breaking the inter-generational life-cycle of nutritional and gender disadvantage and providing a supportive environment for self-development. The key objective of the scheme is to facilitate, educate and empower AGs so as to enable them to become self-reliant and aware citizens. Open to out of school adolescent girls in the age group of 11 to 14 years.
- The scheme will be implemented through existing Anganwadi Centres (AWCs) under the Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS).
- The package of services given to adolescent girls is as under:
- Nutrition provision
- Iron and Folic Acid (IFA) supplementation
- Health check-up and referral services
- Nutrition and Health Education (NHE)
- Mainstreaming out-of-school girls to join formal schooling, bridge course/skill training
- Life Skill Education, home management, etc.
- Counseling/guidance on accessing public services.
Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
The Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities invites applications from students belonging to minority communities. The scholarship aims to encourage parents of these communities to send their kids to school by helping them fund their education. Any minority student studying between Class 1 and Class 10 in a government or private school of a state is eligible to get a scholarship under this program.